[Thali-talk] Thali daily status - 7/6/2015

Yaron Goland yarong at microsoft.com
Mon Jul 6 11:48:04 EDT 2015

Matt - He got story -1 working on Android using the "frozen" version of Jukka's APIs but is having some issues getting this new layer integrated with PouchDB. I will work with Matt on this today.

Srikanth - He dealt with some bugs in the C code he submitted to JXCore to handle crypto and has been working on getting the code done for story 0.0. He will file a bunch of Waffle issues so we can count down the remaining work on story 0.0. He will also create a story 0.0 branch and start pushing PRs to it so I can do code reviews since I'm his shadow.

Jukka - He did a bunch of work on SSDP discovery over Wi-Fi Direct as well as learning BLE. He has published two articles based on what he found (that I need to review and release). For today he is going to continue working with BLE and will then start working on figuring out how we can build a reasonable discovery system on Wi-Fi Direct given the issues we face with the limited amount of available data and how we can play well with other apps.

Oguz - He is working on reducing the execution set used by JXCore on mobile apps to that apps can be smaller. There are lots of things in node.js that just aren't used in mobile but are still in the code base, still being loaded, still using memory, etc. He is working on getting an application submitted to the Apple App Story so we can be sure Apple is happy with people writing JXCore apps. He has been working with Srikanth on his code.

Yaron - The only day last week that I worked I got the Mux layer completely running on Bluetooth using an old version of Jukka's code and then helped Matt get setup and running on Android. Today I will be working with Matt on figuring out some of the remaining story 0 issues and once that is resolved then I'm going to go sniff around iOS and see if there is something I can do there.