[Thali-talk] Thali daily status - 7/23/2015

Yaron Goland yarong at microsoft.com
Thu Jul 23 15:02:55 EDT 2015

Matt - He spent yesterday trying to figure out a bug that sometimes causes the postcard app to die. It has to do with a JSON parsing error down in Express. He also spent some time repo'ing a bug that Srikanth found that makes us not work with the latest JXCore release. Matt figured out which older release we will work with so we can keep moving. More on the bug in Oguz's section. Today Matt will continue to work on the postcard app bug and if he can squash it then he will go back to enhancing our tests of the native layer and then the mux layer.

Srikanth - He updated his PRs but got caught on the JXCore problem discussed in Matt's section. Today he is going to test the fixed code from Oguz and finish testing synch in 0.0.

Oguz - He is still tinkering with the Apple app store app and hopes to have it submitted today. We actually suggested that he have David review it since the remaining issues are regarding design and David is an experience designer who has shipped multiple iOS apps in the app store. He also handled the bug we found that makes Thali not work with the latest versions of JXCore. See https://github.com/jxcore/jxcore-cordova/issues/51 for the details but the bug should now be fixed.

Yaron - A ridiculous number of emails and todos that have piled up that I dug out of. I spent the last part of the day putting together simple (working) instructions to get Postcardapp fully functional so Oguz could see that it did use to work. Today I'm digging out of more emails and a whole list of todos, code reviews, etc.

Sreejumon - Yesterday he tried various strategies to get Cordova to work with our custom Maven in Android but none worked so it looks like we'll have to directly edit the master gradle file generated by Cordova. Today he will integrate with Matt's code and then push the changes out to the main story_0 branch both for the Thali_CordovaPlugin project and for the postcardapp project so we will have automated installation.

David - He worked with Toby and they got story -1 working on iOS!!!!! Tomorrow they will start on story 0 for iOS!

Toby - Same as David.