[Thali-talk] Story -1

Yaron Goland yarong at microsoft.com
Sun Jun 21 23:04:11 EDT 2015

NOTE: THIS EMAIL IS GOING TO THE PUBLIC LIST.

For the reading pleasure of the folks on the 'to' line I have written up a summary of the logic for the TCP/IP relays needed to finish story -1. You can read the article at http://www.goland.org/nodetolocalp2ponthali/.

At the end of that article you will find a link to my branch of Thali_CordovaPlugin and a file containing a test function. When that test function passes on two devices talking to each other simultaneously (both on Android and iOS) then Story -1 will be complete.

I have tried really hard to simplify things to the minimum possible.

I know that we don't have final agreement on what the native APIs are supposed to look like. In the interests of making progress Matt officially owns what the APIs should look like at the Node.js layer. That is, all calls of the form cordova(X).callNative() are now to be defined by Matt. He will decide on what the Node.js layer APIs will look like. Both Android and iOS need to snap to his definitions so the Node.js code can work the same regardless of the underlying platform. But please don't block on Matt. Just make forward progress! But eventually Matt will figure out any divergences in the native API on the two platforms and work with you to get them resolved.

               Thanks,

                              Yaron