[Thali-talk] Yaron's Weekly Update - 3/2/2014

Yaron Goland yarong at microsoft.com
Mon Mar 2 20:49:04 EST 2015

One Week Ago:

*        TL;DR - Pretty much all pointy haired overhead stuff. At least I published some good web content and cleaned up our website in preparation for our new devs.

*        Monday - Call with Jukka, OSS permissioning stuff, some internal calls, long chat with our newest member Srikanth. Got to play with JXCore sample code for iOS. Node.js on iOS! Cool!

*        Tuesday - Call with potential contractors, with our customer and with Doug on his pitch to get us money.

*        Wednesday - More internal calls. Talked with my boss Mike Andrews about staffing Thali. More internal calls. Emails about getting hardware, assignments and other stuff.

*        Thursday - More OSS tool stuff. Massively updated the customer scenario document in preparation for Wenhui Yu and Brian Lambert joining the team. Started working on an article on high latency asynchronous mesh before stopping myself because it's not that important at this instant in time.

*        Friday - Reviewed Jukka's articles (should show up on our blog soon, but you can see them here<http://www.drjukka.com/blog/wordpress/?p=24> and here<http://www.drjukka.com/blog/wordpress/?p=29>). Set up a blog for Thali! Had a long chat with the JXCore folks. Back to editing the customer scenario doc.

*        Virtual Friday - Published an article on securing Cordova + Node.js<http://thaliproject.org/SecuringCordovaAndNodeJs>, wrote the Thali Platform Checklist<http://thaliproject.org/PlatformChecklist> and cleaned up the website for our new contributors.

Next Week:

*        Code review and testing on JXCore

*        Get two (maybe 3 actually) new devs up to speed and contributing

*        If a miracle occurs maybe I'll get to write actual code!