[Thali-talk] Yaron's Weekly Update - 3/9/2015

Yaron Goland yarong at microsoft.com
Mon Mar 9 16:44:47 EDT 2015

One Week Ago:

  *   TL;DR - Email and meetings, mostly getting our new devs up to speed. Managed to get JXCore for Android's hello world running.
  *   Monday - Long calls with Winhui and Brian followed by an avalanche of email.
  *   Tuesday - Emails. More chats with Brian. Doing phone calls and emails helping out with an internal issue regarding OAuth. More emails and then checking out a potentially interesting project called Hydra (alas not as interesting as one might hope).
  *   Wednesday - Call with Jukka then Srikanth. Wasted a bunch of time trying to compile NDK stuff with JXCore on Windows. Eventually figured out that it really was only going to work on Linux.
  *   Thursday - Four different meetings destroying my day. Finally got JXCore hello world demo for Android working! Don't know how to get node_modules loaded up though.
  *   Friday - Long chat with JXCore. Then a call with Brian. Then mail on issues my team is having in Finland. Then wrote a summary of what I learned on the JXCore call. Then more email!

Next Week:

  *   Get our latest dev up to speed
  *   Get a chance to actually read JXCore code
  *   Run PouchDB perf tests on Android using JXCore