[Thali-talk] Thali daily status - 9/9/2015

Yaron Goland yarong at microsoft.com
Wed Sep 9 11:37:51 EDT 2015

Yaron - Yesterday I spent hours on the phone with various people. Reviewed Toby's changes to story 0. Responded to Matt's review comments. Dug out of all the email from my vacation. Ran story 0 tests on iOS and Android. Had one issue on iOS that I believe is a known race condition that we have a plan to fix. Today I will be releasing story 0 officially to master. I expect that to eat up a bunch of the day. Then I need to review David's PR for story 0 postcard and then try to finish story 0.0.1.

David - He is still fighting with various animation/UX issues on iOS. He also owes me a link to his mock layer so I can make sure he is correctly representing what they are supposed to do. And yes, he was supposed to send this to me yesterday.

Jukka - He couldn't make the status call today but in mail he said that he had the perf tests more or less working with a few bugs he would clean up tomorrow. I found out that he had implemented the perf tests in a way that nuked our existing tests and that won't work. So I'll talk with him today to get the tests restructured so that the perf tests can live side by side with our existing tests.

Oguz - Just released the Android API for turning Bluetooth and wifi on and off from node. This is awesome for testing! He also cleaned up how we would launch our coordination server and is actively trying to figure out how to cleanly turn Bluetooth and wifi on and off on iOS.

Toby - He got caught up the test failure I ran into. Is trying to get our tests running on Android and having various issues. He is writing tests we need for story 0.0. He should have those tests done by EOD tomorrow.