[Thali-talk] Thali daily status - 9/14/2015

Yaron Goland yarong at microsoft.com
Mon Sep 14 13:12:36 EDT 2015

This week's commitments:

Story 0.0 - Some crypto but mostly tests
               Owners: Toby and Jukka
               Release Date: This week
               Features: It includes a few minor crypto libraries to do key and cert generation. But more interestingly it contains the first test of the replication manager. It will also contain 3 new perf tests to reliably measure our discovery, connectivity and bandwidth behavior between devices.
               Blockers: The main blocker on releasing it is that we have a (known) race condition in our testing that makes it impossible for two devices to pass our replication test. To fix this Toby will take the coordination server that Jukka wrote for his perf tests and use that with our existing tests.

Postcard app for story 0.0.1 on Live for data and mock for identity exchange -
               Owner: David
               Release Date: This week
               Features: This will be the first release of the new postcard app. It will support story 0, 0.0 and 0.0.1 (identity exchange). The replication functionality will be against the live Thali stack. But the identity exchange function will just be running against mocks that David wrote. Once we release the base 0.0.1 functionality this week then David will start integrating against it next week.
Story 0.0.1 - Identity Exchange
               Owners: Matt and Yaron
               Release Date: This week
               Features: This includes an implementation of the identity exchange protocol as a REST front end that David can use from the postcard app to interact with the identity exchange functionality.

A plan for Atts_Since
               Owner: Luke
               Release Date: This week
               Features: Toby has figured out the basic atts_since algorithm. He is going to write that up just so we have it for our records but now he needs to figure out all the things he has to fix/extend in PouchDB in order to implement it and then put together a plan for how to do this and start executing on it. For this week we just want the plan completed, we already know that there is more than enough programming work to do that we won't finish the feature this week.