[Thali-talk] Thali daily status - 9/16/2015

Yaron Goland yarong at microsoft.com
Wed Sep 16 11:20:53 EDT 2015

Story 0.0 - The PR with the performance tests and the replication tests using the new coordination server should be submitted today. Once approved we can release story 0.0 for the Thali_CordovaPlugin!

Postcard app - The new story 0 postcard app with automatic refresh is done and has been submitted as a PR. But David doesn't have Android devices yet (they are on the way) so Toby has been asked to test the code out on Android and do a code review. Once that is done we can release the new story 0 postcard app. Meanwhile David is off looking at the REST API that Matt is implementing for identity exchange in order to update his story 0.0.1 mocks for the postcard app so we can release that as well.

Story 0.0.1 - Matt has started implementing the REST API used by Cordova to manage identity exchange. I spent yesterday writing up a spec for the underlying identity exchange protocol used between devices. I need to finish the spec today and start coding. We have a shot at being done with everything this week but realistically we'll probably leak into next week.

Atts_Since - Luke says he is 60% done with code and test! Which is pretty amazing. Hopefully by Friday we'll have something to submit to PouchDB.

BLE on Android - Jukka has gotten his Samsung S6s to start acting properly as centrals but he is still seeing odd failures. He is going to experiment with the Google reference code as well as with existing BLE based Android apps to see how they behave on the S6s. There is a good chance though that we could have the new Android discovery code using BLE done by this Friday.

Continuous Integration
               Owner: Toby
               Release Date: Late this week or next week
               Features: We need to take our new coordination server testing infrastructure and hook it into the continuous integration environment that Oguz provided us so that we can start testing our PRs automatically against our device lab. Toby will also be turning on linting for our various languages and enforcing that as part of the build process. This will break everything and Toby will hand out assignments to people to fix their code.