[Thali-talk] Discovery Protocol

Yaron Goland yarong at microsoft.com
Wed Sep 16 23:03:52 EDT 2015

Note: This is going to the public list

For those wondering what is taking so long with the identity exchange implementation (e.g. story 0.0.1) the answer is that I'm hopelessly naïve. It's a trivial protocol with exactly two messages in it, how bloody hard could it possibly be?!? Two messages. That's it!

http://www.goland.org/thaliidentityexchangeprotocol/ is the protocol specification for these two messages. Sadly this isn't enough to do the full implementation. I still have to finish up the state machine for the parent API that runs it. But I should finish that tomorrow.

Toby/Matt - I have been staring at that spec for way too long which means I'm guaranteed to have made some awful errors. Could y'all give it a read and see if it holds together for you? Eventually we'll need to clean that spec up into a formal spec (all IETF like) and then have it formally reviewed. But right now it just needs to pass the laugh test.

               Thanks,

                              Yaron (just TWO messages, TWO!!!! How hard could it be?)