[Thali-talk] Thali daily status - 9/17/2015

Yaron Goland yarong at microsoft.com
Thu Sep 17 13:37:04 EDT 2015

Story 0.0 - Toby ran into an issue where we weren't clear enough on defining the behavior in a test and once we clarified it turned up a bug in Android that Toby has to work with Jukka to fix. It also turned up the need for another test. We have also decided to roll the continuous integration work into story 0.0 because we really need it before we can do reliable releases.

Postcard app - Toby ran the new postcard app on Android and it didn't work but the problem may be that he had Bluetooth turned off so he is going to test again. Until we can see the new postcard app running well on Android we can't push it to master. In the meantime David is continuing with the work to support identity exchange.

Story 0.0.1 - Matt is still implementing the REST API and I spent all of yesterday mostly writing http://www.goland.org/thaliidentityexchangeprotocol/, a 13 page spec just defining the required on the wire behaviors for identity exchange. Today I'll write the spec for the API that controls it and start implementing.

Atts_Since - Luke has the first rough version working, including with replication. But he has run into an issue with bulk get that he is investigating.

BLE on Android - Jukka got BLE to behave better on Samsung but he found a race condition that actually happens on all the phones but some recover better from it than the Samsung does. He is going to try to reach out to Samsung to see if they can help. We need to make a decision soon on using BLE or trying to use Wi-Fi Direct Peer Discovery. We really don't want the later because it's ridiculously inefficient.