[Thali-talk] Thali daily status - 9/22/2015

Yaron Goland yarong at microsoft.com
Tue Sep 22 11:32:01 EDT 2015

Story 0.0 - Toby ran into an issue that none of our software works with iOS 9. This is due to conflicts with JXcore and Cordova. Thankfully both JXcore and Cordova have new releases that do work with iOS 9. So Toby is going to have to update everything and test it all out to make sure it works and then finally (I hope) we can release story 0.0.

Story 0.0.1 - Identity Exchange - Matt got blocked yesterday on emergency RXJS escalations from Netflix and Office. Meanwhile I finished all the testing for the two big state machines. I do have a race condition in one engine I need to fix and then I need to write and test the wrapper API and can submit my PR, that should happen today. Matt should submit his PR today. Once both PRs are ready then I need to integrate them together and then upgrade to Toby's story 0.0 branch in preparation for releasing identity exchange after story 0.0 goes out.

Postcard app for story 0 - Matt already started to talk to Toby about some of the issues he found but otherwise Matt's code review got blocked yesterday. Hopefully he'll be able to continue it today.

Postcard app for story 0.0.1 - Toby is creating the mocks for the REST API that Matt owns while simultaneously refactoring the code (now each screen is its own file) and finishing up some UX issues.

BLE on Android - The issue here is that service discovery works just fine (e.g. you can see the devices around you and their service type) but when you connect over BLE to exchange characteristics sometimes it works and sometimes you get an error. If you get an error you have to wait at least a full minute before connecting again or the stack will fall over completely. Even then in some rare cases the stack will fall over anyway and then it can take 10 minutes before it works again. How bad this is depends on what phone you have. The LTEs seem to behave themselves well while the Samsung doesn't. None of the phones has been upgraded to 5.2 yet so we don't know if there were improvements there or not. As always we have multiple backup plans. Right now Jukka is going to test simultaneously reading and writing since that would cut down the number of connections we need by ½. He will then look into what we can advertise on service discovery beyond just our service type. He is also going to work with Oguz to run our Bluetooth (not BLE) perf tests on our continuous integration environment because we hope to use Bluetooth as a fallback and we need to know if it is more reliable than BLE.

Continuous Integration - This is on-hold until Toby can get through the issues with story 0.0.