[Thali-talk] Thali daily status - 9/23/2015

Yaron Goland yarong at microsoft.com
Wed Sep 23 12:37:53 EDT 2015

Story 0.0 - Toby got iOS 9 working great! Now Android is broken. :( The problem is that the new JXCore-Cordova plugin isn't behaving the way the old version did and certain files that Android depends on don't seem to be installed properly. Toby is trying to figure out what is going on.

Story 0.0.1 - Identity Exchange - Matt has finished the REST API but is now working on the tests. He promised to finally push his commits today so I can look at it. But meanwhile I finished all the mock tests and all the code for all the backend libraries. I now need to write one more test using the 'live' system instead of a mock. Then I can start integrating with Matt's code.

Postcard app for story 0 - This is blocked until Matt or Toby or I free up to code review it.

Postcard app for story 0.0.1 - David is still writing up the mocks he needs for the code that Matt is actually implementing and trying to test against that.

BLE on Android - Jukka successfully got simultaneous read/write working on BLE which means that the number of connections we need just dropped by half. He also tested that we absolutely can advertise our Bluetooth address over BLE discovery. BLE discovery works super well so this gives us a viable backup plan if we can't get connectivity to behave itself. As Jukka points out, ideally we could do both. That is, discover over BLE, try to connect and if the connect fails then switch to Bluetooth. So we *can* get there from here, we just need to figure out the details of how.

Continuous Integration - Blocked until Toby frees up from story 0.0.