[TheClimate.Vote] August 27, 2016 - Daily Global Warming News for voters, candidates and officials

4 at TheClimate.Vote 4 at TheClimate.Vote
Sat Aug 27 10:09:01 EDT 2016

/Forward this email to voters and candidates and stay well-informed
about global warming August 27, 2016 /

*Occupying the prairie: Tensions rise as tribes move to block a
pipeline.
<http://newsletters.environmentalhealthnews.org/t/223346/126248/170640/0/>*

A federal court will hear arguments Wednesday in a suit to stop the
Dakota Access pipeline, which the Standing Rock Sioux tribe says
threatens water supplies and sacred lands. New York Times
<http://newsletters.environmentalhealthnews.org/t/223346/126248/170640/0/>.

    Scientist finds new way to represent same old
    depressing*climate*trends
    <http://www.vox.com/2016/8/26/12637438/new-climate-image-old-climate-trends>

Vox 	 -‎1 hour ago‎

The image - which uses this dataset to represent temperature change from
1850 to 2016 - comes to us via University of Reading*climate*scientist
Ed Hawkins. He's the same guy who made the now-famous spiral graph,
which was featured during the ...

    (opinion) Restoring the*Climate*: War Is Not the Answer
    <http://www.commondreams.org/views/2016/08/26/restoring-climate-war-not-answer>

Common Dreams (press release) 	 -‎9 hours ago‎

Author and*climate*activist Bill McKibben has published a manifesto to
“declare war” on*climate change*. While I agree about the urgency, I
question the wisdom of invoking warfare.

    Our Energy Grid Is Amazingly Vulnerable and*Climate Change*Is the
    Cause
    <http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/future_tense/2016/08/our_energy_grid_is_incredibly_vulnerable_to_climate_change.html>

Slate Magazine 	 -‎2 hours ago‎

When I dream about Hurricane Katrina (and I still do), it always starts
with the refrigerators. Kenmore, GE, Whirlpool, Frigidaire, Amana.

    Just 90 companies are to blame for most climate change, this ...
    <http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2016/08/just-90-companies-are-blame-most-climate-change-carbon-accountant-says>

Science Magazine 	 -‎Aug 25, 2016‎

Richard Heede has become a thorn in the side of the fossil fuel industry.

    Edina couple practice*climate change*evangelism on epic scale
    <https://www.mprnews.org/story/2016/08/26/climate-change-evangelism-epic-scale>

Minnesota Public Radio News 	 -‎1 hour ago‎

Paul Thompson talks about solar panels Paul Thompson holds a solar panel
that his wife, Mindy Ahler, will use to keep her devices charged on her
bicycle tour across the country.

    California's New Climate Rules Explained | Climate Central
    <http://www.climatecentral.org/news/californias-new-climate-rules-explained-20639>

Climate Central 	 -‎17 hours ago‎

Following more than a year of legislative toing and froing, California's
leaders agreed this week on how ambitious the state will be in the fight
against climate ...

              ========================  ####
===============================

    Links are gleaned from various internet news sources by Richard
    Paulifor http://TheClimate.Vote delivering succinct information for
    citizens and responsible governments of all levels.  Fair use asserted.

        The new .VOTE domain is designed to help voters, elected
        officials, governments, candidates, citizens and organizations
        exchange information   .VOTE and .VOTO sites are designed to
        support more honest political discourse.

        This domain must be used for democratic and election purposes
        and cannot be used solely for commercial purposes. Audits will
        be performed regularly to ensure compliance with the policies.

    Forward this email to your representatives and candidates  and you
    may subscribe/unsubscribe at
    https://pairlist10.pair.net/mailman/listinfo/theclimate.voteThe list
    membership is confidential and records are scrupulously restricted
    to this mailing list.