[TheClimate.Vote] Nov 25, 2016 - Daily Global Warming News for voters, candidates and officials

4 at TheClimate.Vote 4 at TheClimate.Vote
Fri Nov 25 09:50:57 EST 2016

/Forward this email to voters and candidates and stay well-informed
about global warming -  November 25, 2016/

*Sea Ice Continues to Shock and Amaze
<https://climatecrocks.com/2016/11/24/sea-ice-continues-to-shock-and-amaze/>*

    The ice globally is also at record low levels, and if you’re
    wondering how this will impact the winter storm tracks, then I can
    tell you we meteorologists are wondering (and arguing) about it as
    well! There’s no way that it cannot, so what’s happening is VERY
    important. In addition, there’s no doubt that the warming planet is
    having a big impact in the Arctic, and if you think that climate
    change is a future problem, you need to change your mindset now.
    https://climatecrocks.com/2016/11/24/sea-ice-continues-to-shock-and-amaze/

    Perils of*Climate Change*Could Swamp Coastal Real Estate
    <http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/24/science/global-warming-coastal-real-estate.html>

New York Times 	 -‎6 hours ago‎

    Though demand remains strong and developers continue to build near
    the water in many coastal cities, homeowners across the nation are
    slowly growing wary of buying property in areas most vulnerable to
    the effects of*climate change*. .... It is only a*...*

    35 Mayors Sign Open Letter To President-Elect Donald Trump
    On*Climate*Action
    <https://www.good.is/articles/mayor-open-letter-trump-climate-change>

GOOD Magazine 	 -‎Nov 23, 2016‎

    As Mayors, we have taken it upon ourselves to take bold action
    within our cities to tackle the*climate*crisis head-on. We write
    today to ask for your partnership in our work to clean our air,
    strengthen our economy, and ensure that our children inherit*...*

*Four Ways to Look at Standing Rock: An Indigenous Perspective
<http://www.yesmagazine.org/planet/four-ways-to-look-at-standing-rock-an-indigenous-perspective-20161122>*

    In the shadow of the Trump election, I found myself explaining to
    world climate leaders how to see Standing Rock through an indigenous
    lens.....Which brings me to the significance of counting by four. To
    understand Standing Rock, you must remove the Western lens and adopt
    a holistic, indigenous perspective of the world....an overwhelming
    number of indigenous communities count various elements of their
    lives in fours. The medicine wheel of Native culture represents the
    four directions. There are the four elements, which build all life
    and the four seasons that govern time.....
    http://www.yesmagazine.org/planet/four-ways-to-look-at-standing-rock-an-indigenous-perspective-20161122

    Open thread for night owls: Surprise! More Trumpian incoherence
    on*climate change*in NYT interview
    <http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/11/23/1603635/-Open-thread-for-night-owls-Surprise-More-Trumpian-incoherence-on-climate-change-in-NYT-interview>

Daily Kos 	 -‎12 hours ago‎

    I have an open mind to it. We're going to look very carefully. It's
    one issue that's interesting because there are few things where
    there's more division than*climate change*. You don't tend to hear
    this, but there are people on the other side of that*...*

5 Ways Science Says to Handle Difficult Emotional Situations
<http://www.yesmagazine.org/happiness/5-ways-science-says-to-handle-difficult-emotional-situations-20161119>

    Resilience practices can help you confront stress and pain more
    skillfully, starting with finding silver linings.
    1. Change the narrative
    2. Face your fears
    3. Practice self-compassion
    4. Meditate
    5. Cultivate forgiveness
    http://www.yesmagazine.org/happiness/5-ways-science-says-to-handle-difficult-emotional-situations-20161119

*This Day in Climate History  November 1973
<http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=4051>  - from D.R. Tucker
*

    **November 25, 1973: President Richard Nixon announces a series of
    energy conservation measures that would be denounced by the American
    right wing as government tyranny today.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bUA-uFNAYc
    http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=4051

** ========================  #### ===========================

        *forward this email,
        * - select a story that interests you, then contact one
        candidate, or one representative in your government, one friend,
        or one neighbor and discuss the issue with them,
        I will add your name to the subscription list email
        contact at theclimate.vote
        You may also subscribe/unsubscribe at
        Links from various internet news sources curated by Richard
        Paulifor http://TheClimate.Vote delivering succinct information
        for citizens and responsible governments of all levels.  Fair
        use asserted.The .VOTE domain must be used for democratic and
        election purposes and cannot be used solely for commercial
        purposes. The list membership is confidential and records are
        scrupulously restricted to this mailing list.