[✔️] August 17, 2021 - Daily Global Warming News Digest.

👀 Richard Pauli richard at theclimate.vote
Tue Aug 17 09:38:29 EDT 2021

/*August 17, 2021*/

[Wildfire report - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJWhmPTjmGU ]
*Update and Forecast for Dixie Fire, Monument Fire, River Complex, and
Other Western Wildfires*
Aug 16. 2021
Holt Hanley Weather
The Dixie Fire, River Complex, Monument Fire, Antelope Fire, Mcfarland
Fire, and a number of other wildfires continue to burn in Northern
California.
Throughout this video, we'll dive into all the important updates, as
well as the fire weather forecast to predict how all these wildfires may
change in the coming days.
- -
You can also check out Holt Hanley Weather on Twitter, where I post more
concise updates on the current wildfires:
https://twitter.com/HoltHanleyWX
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJWhmPTjmGU

[about losing water in the West]
*First-ever water shortage declared on the Colorado River, triggering
water cuts for some states in the West*
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/08/16/colorado-river-water-cuts-drought

[a harsh, difficult and important audio interview with David Wallace-Wells]
*THE ERA OF CLIMATE DENIAL IS OVER*
A new report from the IPCC clarifies the immense stakes in the climate
crisis.
Deconstructed
August 13 2021
THIS WEEK, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, or IPCC,
released the first part of its latest report on the state of the Earth’s
climate. It details with greater certainty than ever before the links
between human activity and extreme weather patterns: fires, floods, and
rising sea levels. Journalist David Wallace-Wells and sociologist Dana
Fisher join Ryan Grim to discuss the takeaways from the new report.
Transcript coming soon.
https://theintercept.com/2021/08/13/deconstructed-climate-crisis-ipcc/

[Military discussion on video]
*How Climate Change Intersects With Global Security | Dr Chad Briggs*
Aug 16, 2021
Nick Breeze
Contents with Timestamps

        Hybrid Warfare 01:35
        Resilience targeting 4:35
        Politics, economics and fossil fuel interests 5:30
        Sources of disinformation are a national security threat 8:00
        Cyber Aggression 9:00
        Climate migrants and nationalist politics 10:30
        Tackling societal breakdown due to climate resilience failure at
        source 12:40
        Local knowledge versus models and remote assessments CUT
        Dependency on fossil fuel supports regimes responsible for
        disinformation 14:40
        Geoengineering, risk and attribution CUT
        A UN Security Council Specifically for Climate Change 17:35
        Opportunities for positive diplomatic solutions | Building trust
        in time 19:10
        Planning a pragmatic route to the future from Phase Zero 21:08

In this episode of Shaping The Future, I am speaking to Global Security
expert, Dr Chad Briggs at the University of Alaska Anchorage.

Chad advises many global organisations on the intersection between
climate change and national and regional security issues. His clients
include the US State Department, US Air Force, the Swedish Armed Forces,
the European Union, as well as US Dept of Energy, among others.

Chad explains the linkages between climate change and hybrid warfare
situations that are going on now and will continue to pose a massive
threat to societies around the world. These include government level
sources of disinformation, such as the Global Warming Policy Foundation
in the UK or the Heartland Institute in the US, who are funded by fossil
fuel interest groups to sow doubt and chaos that drive us further down
the road of climate catastrophe.

I want to thank the Global Military Advisory Council on Climate Change
(GMACCC) for their help in organising this series of interviews with
security experts. The next interview will be with former Obama White
House advisor and Head of the US National Security Council for Climate,
Alice Hill about her new book due out in September.

Additional segments on Geoengineering and models versus first-hand
knowledge from this interview with Chad will be available later this
week to Patreon backers via GENN.cc. This will be accompanied by an
overview of the forthcoming interviews and reflections on key points
that are emerging from the series.
- -
I will also be covering COP26 in Glasgow and conducting interviews with
a wide range of participants. So do stay tuned and if you can, please
support my work via Patreon.

You can also subscribe via the Cambridge Climate Lecture Series at
climateseries.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNOZGnt9S8c

[Video thoughts]
*IPCC Sixth Climate Assessment. Will this one make the blindest bit of
difference?*
Aug 15, 2021
Just Have a Think

The IPCC has been publishing science based climate warning assessments
since 1990 and in those 30 odd years human beings have released more
carbon dioxide into the atmosphere than we did in the previous two
centuries. That has to go down as a fail. This latest report contains
the starkest and bluntest language so far. So will this one make any
difference?

Video Transcripts available at our website
http://www.justhaveathink.com

Help support this channels independence at
http://www.patreon.com/justhaveathink

Or with a donation via Paypal by clicking here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr...

You can also help keep my brain ticking over during the long hours of
research and editing via the nice folks at BuyMeACoffee.com
https://www.buymeacoffee.com/justhave...

Download the Just Have a Think App from the AppStore or Google Play

Interested in mastering and remembering the concepts that I present in
my videos? Check out the FREE Dive Deeper mini-courses offered by the
Center for Behavior and Climate. These mini-courses teach the main
concepts in select JHAT videos and go beyond to help you learn
additional scientific or conservation concepts. The courses are great
for teachers to use or for individual learning.
https://climatechange.behaviordevelop...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zax9XTHUlo

/*
*/

[Holy Smokes! but not sure it's a "natural disaster"]
*The holy city of Jerusalem is on fire! Evacuation of people! The
wildfire reached the houses, Israel*
Aug 16, 2021
Genuine Earth
Natural disaster 16 August 2021. The holy city of Jerusalem is on fire!
Evacuation of people! The wildfire reached the houses, Israel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0okQirlH5YA
- -
*Jerusalem area wildfire in pictures - see the devastation*
View the intense sight of the Jerusalem wildfire as it lights up
Israel's skies.
https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/jerusalem-area-wildfire-in-pictures-see-the-devastation-676877

[The news archive - looking back]
*On this day in the history of global warming August  17, 2000*

August 17, 2000: At the Democratic National Convention, Vice President
Al Gore, the Democratic Presidential nominee, declares:

"In my first term [in Congress], a family in Hardeman County, Tennessee
wrote a letter and told how worried they were about toxic waste that had
been dumped near their home. I held some of the first hearings on the
issue. And ever since, I've been there in the fight against the big
polluters.

"Our children should not have to draw the breath of life in cities awash
in pollution. When they come in from playing on a hot summer afternoon,
every child in America, anywhere in America, ought to be able to turn on
the faucet and get a glass of safe, clean drinking water.

"On the issue of the environment, I've never given up, I've never backed
down, and I never will.

"And I say it again tonight: we must reverse the silent, rising tide of
global warming."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EbnKxBNcvI

- Privacy and Security:*This mailing is text-only.  It does not carry