[✔️] November 26, 2022 - Global Warming News Digest

Sat Nov 26 07:52:40 EST 2022

/*November 26, 2022*/

/[ trying the courts ] /
*Greta Thunberg Sues Her Native Sweden for Failing on Climate*
- Climate activist is among 600 plaintiffs in Swedish case
- Lawsuit part of a wave of climate action targeting governments
November 25, 2022
A group of children and young adults including Greta Thunberg have filed
a class action lawsuit against the Swedish state for failing to take
adequate measures to stop climate change...
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-11-25/greta-thunberg-sues-sweden-for-climate-change-failure

- -

[ Australia News reports - video VO ]
*Young activists, including Greta Thunberg, sue Swedish state over its
climate policies*
24h News Australia
Nov 26, 2022
Hundreds of activists — including Greta Thunberg — have marched through
the Swedish capital to file a lawsuit against the Swedish state for what
they say is insufficient climate action. More than 600 young people
under the age of 26 signed the 87-page document that is the basis for
the lawsuit which was filed in the Stockholm District Court.They want
the court to determine that the country has violated its citizen's human
rights with its climate policies."Sweden has never treated the
climate crisis like a crisis," said Anton Foley, spokesman of the
youth-led initiative Aurora, which prepared and filed the
lawsuit."Sweden is failing in its responsibility and breaking the
law."The action comes as scientists warn that chances are slipping
away to limit future warming to 1.5 degrees Celsius since pre-industrial
times.At a UN climate conference in Egypt this month, leaders tried to
keep that goal alive but did not ratchet up calls for reducing carbon
emissions.Another activist, Ida Edling, said Sweden was pursuing a
climate policy the research is very clear will contribute to a climate
disaster in the future; Sweden's parliament decided in 2017 that by
2045, the Scandinavian country was to have zero net emissions of
greenhouse gases into the atmosphere and 100 per cent renewable
energy.Swedish broadcaster TV4 said the government declined to comment
on ongoing legal action.Climate campaigners have launched numerous
lawsuits against government
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16IR5-dLCxw

/[  Dave Roberts discusses election results  - audio 57 mins ]/
*What the midterm elections meant for climate & energy*
A conversation with energy analyst Whitney Stanco.
NOV 25
The US 2022 midterm elections did not go how most people expected. There
was no red wave. The Democrats did much better than forecasted, not only
at the federal level, but at the state level.
What does it all mean for climate and energy policy? To help go through
the results, I contacted Whitney Stanco, a senior analyst at Washington
Analysis LLC, an independent research firm out of Washington, DC. She
has been tracking energy policy for decades and in particular has kept a
close watch on the states.
With Whitney's help, I walk through the election results, first at the
Congressional level and then in the states, and contemplate their
implications for energy policy. We pay special attention to the four
states where Democrats have new trifectas and the power see their policy
preferences made into law, as well as a few others where the election
has shaken things up.

https://www.volts.wtf/p/what-the-midterm-elections-meant?utm_source=podcast-email%2Csubstack&publication_id=193024&post_id=84235509&utm_medium=email#details

https://api.substack.com/feed/podcast/193024/private/bc96fdaa-2ce1-4b71-8707-bb5f1dd458ce.rss

/[//dementia study -//how global warming reaches every issue and every
tissue - Scientist in India-  video discussion ]/
*DCCC Seminar on Environmental Issues in the Alzheimer's Disease
Recognition and Prevention*
Divecha Centre for Climate Change - IISc
  Nov 24, 2022
https://indianinstituteofscience-my.sharepoint.com/:p:/g/personal/pradeeptl_iisc_ac_in/EWw0xV9zXUhAoiLJEm1kEpYBdgJJXEIKzK1NzmFe4RWUZg?rtime=50p3hTnO2kg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY3DF1A-IBk

/[ entertaining rap song --  Never too late for solar power  -- video
3:49 ]/
*Trying to Convince My Dad to Switch to Solar Power | Nathan Dufour*
NATHANOLOGY
1,842 views  Premiered Dec 7, 2021
Created in association with The Quote Match -- you can get a free solar
quote at thequotematch.com/nathanology ... send the link to your Dad!
Beat Produced by Scott Supreme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GkpVqbcK4E

/[ Will Prowse is the young god instructor of off grid power - video ]/
*Offgrid Solar Inverter Buyer's Guide for Beginners*
DIY Solar Power with Will Prowse
Apr 8, 2021
Inverters I recommend: https://www.mobile-solarpower.com/inv...
All in one Inverter Chargers I recommend:
https://www.mobile-solarpower.com/all...
Grounding Safety Instructional Video: https://youtu.be/mpgAVE4UwFw
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Does off-grid solar confuse you? Check out my DIY friendly website for
solar system packages and product recommendations, and so much more!
http://www.mobile-solarpower.com

Join our DIY solar community! #1 largest solar forum on the internet for
beginners and professionals alike: https://www.diysolarforum.com

Check out my best-selling, beginner-friendly 12V off-grid solar book
(affiliate link):
http://amzn.to/2Aj4dX4

If DIY is not for you, but you love solar and need an offgrid system,
check out Tesla Solar. Low prices and great warranty, and they can take
your entire house offgrid with their new Powerwalls:
https://ts.la/william57509
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rxSapfp4Hs

/[The news archive - looking back at when Arnold tweaked Senator Inhofe
- who plans to retire in Jan 2023]/
/*November 26, 2006*/
November 26, 2006: In an appearance on NBC's "Meet the Press," Gov.
Arnold Schwarzenegger (R-CA) notes that fellow Republican Sen. James
Inhofe of Oklahoma is someone who has his "thinking in the Stone Age" on
climate.
http://youtu.be/gcZ7DWMeyQA

*Mass media is lacking, here are a few daily summariesof global warming
news - email delivered*