[✔️] April 16, 2024 Global Warming News | Collapse coming, Eco-fascism, Heat migration, Climate migration, Climate marks dwelling place, GWBush panned

Tue Apr 16 08:13:05 EDT 2024

/*April *//*16, 2024*/

/[ Unfettered warming means yes ]/
*Is Collapse Coming for Us?*
Our Changing Climate
Apr 5, 2024  #collapse #climatechange #anticapitalism
In this Our Changing Climate climate change video essay, I dive into the
worst-case climate change scenarios that could possibly lead to societal
collapse. Specifically, I understand what the literature says will
happen above four degrees of global warming in turns of natural
disasters, as well as how that will unfold across our economic and
social webs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l4N1wjoKAI

- -

[in case you missed it from last year ]
*Why You Can't Ignore This Far-Right Trend*
Our Changing Climate
Feb 10, 2023  3 products
Our Changing Climate tagged products below. Learn more
Planet Over Profit
charlie-1-shop.fourthwall.com/products/new-product-2?variant=bed6cc38-f06c-4a15-b6e1-0701417a5b28&srsltid=AfmBOoo5HdRWuhiV5sh4T5zXIghm8haVibXvEXtp8vac5_lLK16c3yTx3nc

Watch the full companion video on Jair Bolsonaro here:
https://nebula.tv/videos/occ-the-dark...
Watch next month's video on eco-sabotage here:
https://nebula.tv/videos/occ-why-clim...

In this Our Changing Climate climate change video essay, I look at the
rise of fossil fascism and ecofascism on the far right. As the world
gets warmer and fossil fuels become increasingly untenable there are now
glimpses of two trends within the far right that are a reaction to
climate change. Ecofascism and fossil fascism.
I leaned heavily on the book White Skin, Black Fuel which you can find
here: https://www.versobooks.com/products/2520-white-skin-black-fuel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGlrX6lA9O8

/[ Where will we go? ]/
*Abrahm Lustgarten, On the Move: The Overheating Earth and the Uprooting
of America*/
/New America
Apr 4, 2024
Humanity is on the precipice of a great climate migration, and Americans
will not be spared. Tens of millions of people are likely to be driven
from the places they call home. Poorer communities will be left behind,
while growth will surge in the cities and regions most attractive to
climate refugees. America will be changed utterly.

Abrahm Lustgarten’s On the Move is the definitive account of what this
massive population shift might look like. As he shows, the United States
will be rendered unrecognizable by four unstoppable forces: wildfires in
the West; frequent flooding in coastal regions; extreme heat and
humidity in the South; and droughts that will make farming all but
impossible across much of the nation.

Reporting from the front lines of climate migration, Lustgarten explains
how a pattern of shortsighted policies encouraged millions to settle in
vulnerable parts of the country, and introduces us to homeowners in
California, insurance customers in Florida, and ranchers in Colorado who
are being forced to make the agonizing choice of when, not whether, to
leave. Employing the most current climate data and predictive models, he
shows how America’s population will be squeezed northward into a
shrinking triangle of land stretching from Tennessee to Maine to the
Great Lakes. The places many of us now call home are at risk, and On the
Move reveals how we’ll deal with the consequences.
Join the New America Fellows Program for a conversation with 2016
National Fellow Jeff Goodell and 2022 Emerson Collective Fellow Abrahm
Lustgarten about On the Move.
Speakers:
Abrahm Lustgarten, @AbrahmL
2022 Emerson Collective Fellow, New America
Author, On the Move

Jeff Goodell, @jeffgoodell
2016 National Fellow, New America
Author, The Heat Will Kill You First
Copies of On the Move are available for purchase here through our
bookselling partner Solid State Books.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu5rRcbhcnM/
/

/[ Make it a song - audio only  ]/
*Climate Migration: Should I Stay or Should I Go?*
Climate One
Mar 22, 2024  The Climate One Podcast
The places that most people call home are coming under increasing threat
from climate change. From rising seas and more frequent floods to
stronger hurricanes and cyclones, to more devastating droughts and
wildfires, the most habitable parts of our world are becoming far less
so. Over time, our cities will be forced to transform — and hundreds of
millions will have to move.
People who have the means are already starting to relocate to places
that market themselves as climate-proof. But not everyone will be able
to leave. And many won’t want to. How do we handle the next great waves
of migration?

Guests:
Abrahm Lustgarten, author, “On the Move: The Overheating Earth and the
Uprooting of America”
Sonia Shah, author, “The Next Great Migration: The Beauty and Terror of
Life on the Move”

This episode also features reported pieces by MPR reporter Dan Kraker on
“Climate Proof Duluth” and KUOW Public Radio in Seattle reporter ​​John
Ryan on “How a Northwest tribe is escaping a rising ocean.”

Support Climate One by going ad-free! By joining Climate One on Patreon
( / climateone  ) , you’ll receive exclusive access to all future
episodes free of ads, opportunities to connect with fellow Climate One
listeners, and even periodic engagements with Climate One staff. Join
today for just $5/month (  / climateone  ) .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFWM92H-vHE

/[ Audio only  ]/
*How climate changes where people live*
Climate Now
Mar 26, 2024  Climate Now Podcast
In the U.S. alone, 162 million people will experience a worse quality of
life due to the changing climate within the next 30 years. Rising sea
levels stand to displace 13 million Americans in the long run while
wildfires and other risks are likely to displace millions more. With 3.2
million American climate migrants to-date, it’s time to start thinking
about what our country’s future might look like.

Even these statistics may be vast underestimates because nailing down
someone’s exact reason for moving is harder than it may seem. So, how do
we determine what factors influence people’s decisions to move? Why is
climate migration about more than beating the heat? What history brought
us here and where are we headed? This week’s episode with investigative
journalist and author Abrahm Lustgarten will answer these questions and
more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sljt8Xj0p3g

/[The news archive -  GW Bush promotes carbon combustion ]/
/*April 16, 2008 */
*April 16, 2008: President George W. Bush delivers a widely panned Rose
Garden speech on carbon pollution.*

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=89713249

https://www.c-span.org/video/?204885-1/global-climate-change

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/04/16/AR2008041603084.html

http://youtu.be/yg5Z62Gzc4I (Fox's spin, er, coverage)

Privacy and Security: *This mailing is text-only -- and carries no
images or attachments which may originate from remote servers. Text-only
messages provide greater privacy to the receiver and sender. This is a
personal hobby production curated by Richard Pauli

===