[✔️] Feb 28, 2024 Global Warming News | Climate aware therapy, Climate and Mind, 2014 Atlantic coast search

Wed Feb 28 17:27:59 EST 2024

/*February*//*28, 2024*/

/[ climate aware therapy -- in Seattle ]/
HUMAN ELEMENTS
*Seattle therapist addresses climate anxiety*
“We’re all kind of in it together,” says therapist Andrew Bryant, who
works with others to confront the mental ramifications of a changing planet.

Seattle therapist Andrew Bryant hears his clients talk about how climate
change affects their daily lives — lingering wildfire smoke, health
concerns, anxiety about the future.

But he’s not the only therapist with climate anxiety on the brain —
Bryant has brought together other minds to analyze and support one
another and their clients as they reckon with the long-term
psychological impact of a changing planet. “I realized, Oh, I’m not
really sure. I don’t have the training to prepare me for this topic. And
I haven’t thought it through myself,” he said.  As a result, Bryant
started a website Climate & Mind to bring recources and studies together
in one place related to the psychological impacts of climate change.
“All of us on some level would like to avoid the topic and talk about
something else, because it’s distressing. And at the same time, my
impression has been that when it’s brought up, people kind of resonate
with it,” Bryant said. “That’s one thing that makes this topic
different. Climate change and how it impacts us … we’re all kind of in
it together.”..

https://crosscut.com/video/human-elements/seattle-therapist-addresses-climate-anxiety

- -

[ climate and mind web site]
*CLIMATE & MIND*
EXPLORING THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN CLIMATE DISRUPTION, HUMAN BEHAVIOR &
HUMAN EXPERIENCE
https://www.climateandmind.org/

/[The news archive -  ]/
/*February 28, 2014 */
February 28, 2014:
The New York Times reports:

    "The Interior Department opened the door on Thursday to the first
    searches in decades for oil and gas off the Atlantic coast,
    recommending that undersea seismic surveys proceed, though with a
    host of safeguards to shield marine life from much of their impact.

    "The recommendation is likely to be adopted after a period of public
    comment and over objections by environmental activists who say it
    will be ruinous for the climate and sea life alike.

    "The American Petroleum Institute called the recommendation a
    critical step toward bolstering the nation’s energy security,
    predicting that oil and gas production in the region could create
    280,000 new jobs and generate $195 billion in private investment.

    "Activists were livid. Allowing exploration 'could be a death
    sentence for many marine mammals, and is needlessly turning the
    Atlantic Ocean into a blast zone,' Jacqueline Savitz, a vice
    president at the conservation group Oceana, said in a statement on
    Thursday."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/28/us/us-moves-toward-atlantic-oil-exploration-stirring-debate-over-sea-life.html?hp&_r=0

Privacy and Security:*This mailing is text-only -- and carries no images
or attachments which may originate from remote servers. Text-only
messages provide greater privacy to the receiver and sender. This is a
personal hobby production curated by Richard Pauli