[✔️] Jan 20. 2024 Global Warming News |

Sun Jan 21 04:20:01 EST 2024

/*January*//*20, 2024*/

/[ before flying off to a rainy place, pay attention to "The first known
flight emergency due to climate change" -- video  ]/
*We Must Land NOW!! The Incredible Story of Singapore Airlines Flight 319*
Mentour Pilot

    "*Conclusions: *2.1.9 Recent studies identified that one of the
    effects of _climate change_ is more _intense and more frequent
    storms_ in many regions exacerbated by extreme rainfall and flooding"

    *"Safety Actions *4.2 The operator has incorporated lessons learnt
    from this occurrence as a micro-learning module in its _evident
    based training program _focusing on _inflight fuel management_
    diversion to alternate airports and declaration of low fuel state. "

I have no doubt that at some point you have all been sitting in the
departure lounge looking out at terrible weather and wishing that it to
go away before it’s your turn to take to the skys.  Flying in bad
weather is never fun but when it passes, can make our flight so much
more enjoyable However, what do you do when that weather you’re flying
through is actually chasing your aircraft, wherever you go and refuses
to let you land!?  Let’s find out...
https://youtu.be/ERXG4qoI4TA?si=_Mftcd1EXPmimWMp&t=2200
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERXG4qoI4TA

/[ How do we attack our predicament?  Planet Critical podcast and video
- 56 min. ]/
*Becoming Ungovernable At Scale | Fabian Dablander*
Pressuring the system
RACHEL DONALD
JAN 10, 2024
We can’t do this without taking power back.
But with the systems of power so effectively tied up in the complex
system of unelected officials, hidden relationships and the ownership of
natural resources, there seems to be no clear strategy for taking power
back. One theory of change is putting pressure on the system until it
caves—becoming ungovernable at scale.
Fabian Dablander, an energy transition researcher at the University of
Amsterdam, and a member of the activist group Scientist Rebellion joins
me to discuss that strategy: Is it possible? How do we do it? We also
discuss nonviolence vs sabotage, hope and denial, and the tipping points
of social change. We then confront power: Where does power lie? How much
is power willing to give up? And should we recognise that power is not
willing to come to the table to negotiate?
https://www.planetcritical.com/p/becoming-ungovernable-at-scale
https://youtu.be/TJoKMU34j0I?si=O71FRP7rrm20IGoh

/[The news archive - 1993 - this must have riled the Right Wing  ]/
/*January 20, 1993 */
January 20, 1993: In his first inaugural address, President Clinton
declares: "To renew America, we must meet challenges abroad as well as
at home. There is no longer a clear division between what is foreign and
what is domestic. The world economy, the world environment, the world
AIDS crisis, the world arms race: they affect us all."

http://youtu.be/2SWjIPwm954

Privacy and Security:*This mailing is text-only -- and carries no images
or attachments which may originate from remote servers. Text-only
messages provide greater privacy to the receiver and sender. This is a
personal hobby production curated by Richard Pauli