{news} Hartford Courant report

David Bedell dbedellgreen at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 20 23:32:20 EDT 2006

The Hartford Courant had a factual article, more boring than the one in the
Advocate/Weekly papers.  (Technicality:  we do not nominate the placeholder
candidates for Lt. Gov. and Comptroller.  They are on the petitions, but
sometime before September we hope to nominate the real candidates who will
take their places on the ballot.)

http://www.courant.com/news/politics/hc-ctgreens0420.artapr20,0,647557.story

Green Party To Pick Slate

Courant Staff Report

April 20 2006

The Green Party will nominate candidates for statewide office Saturday at a
convention scheduled to coincide with the annual observance of Earth Day.

While the Greens have had some local successes, the party this year intends
to run a full slate of statewide candidates for the first time.

The convention begins at noon at the Greater New Haven Labor Hall at 267
Chapel St. in New Haven. It is open to the public.

The gubernatorial nominee is expected to be Clifford Thornton, founder of
Efficacy, a drug-policy reform group.

The other expected nominees are: Nancy Burton, attorney general; Mike
DeRosa, secretary of the state; David Bue, treasurer; and Ralph Ferrucci,
U.S. Senate.

The party still is seeking candidates for lieutenant governor and
comptroller so will nominate two "place-holder" candidates.

Democrats and Republicans have their nominating conventions May 20.

Copyright 2006, Hartford Courant