{news} NEW LONDON DEBATE PROTEST 10-9-6

Green Party-CT greenpartyct at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 6 16:12:20 EDT 2006

ken krayeske <ken at votethornton.com> wrote:  To: CTGP-elections at yahoogroups.com,
Clifford Thornton <votethornton at yahoogroups.com>
From: ken krayeske <ken at votethornton.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 12:43:56 -0400
Subject: [VoteThornton] re: NEW LONDON DEBATE PROTEST 10-9-6

        This may be the most important email that the Thornton for Governor
campaign distributes this campaign season.

The Thornton for Governor campaign has been shut out of the televised
statewide debates. The only way to right this grave wrong is to protest
and demonstrate, loudly and non-violently. We want peace, so we work
through peaceful means.

While the two parties and their servants in the business world have
tried to silence our rights to free speech, they cannot obstruct our
right to peaceably assemble. So we plan to gather, and gather in the
largest numbers the Connecticut Green Party has ever seen: Monday night,
Oct. 9, from 6 to 8 pm, we will stand outside the Garde Theatre in New
London

We are working on plans for what to do during the debates. Cliff should
be live blogging it at the home of a local New London supporter.

But we need you to be there, on the sidewalk, showing your displeasure
with the two party system. If you circulated petitions, if you have
volunteered, if you have signed a petition to put us on the ballot, now
is the time for you to back that up with your person.

We need to show the powers that be that the CT Green Party is for real,
that we are a political force that can motivate 150 people to move and
show up when they dare oppress the CT Green Party.

There are a few people carpools forming from Willimantic, New Haven and
Hartford. Contact me for more information at 860-995-5842.

Sunday night, in New London and Hartford, we will be phonebanking to
turn people out for this protest. This is all hands on deck, as we need
to assert our rights and steer this ship away from the iceberg of two
party domination.

Jason Ortiz, our volunteer graphic designer, has made this handy-dandy
flyer for you to cut up and distribute.

Show the world the CT Greens are for here to stay.
--

Peace,

Ken Krayeske

Campaign Director

Thornton for Governor

P.O. Box 1971

Manchester, CT 06045

860-995-5842

*This message is paid for and approved by Thornton for Governor, Max
Wentworth, Treasurer*

__._,_.___   Messages in this topic (1) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic

    Visit Your Group

   Campaign and election
   American politics

      New Message Search
  Find the message you want faster. Visit your group to try out the improved message search.

  Share feedback on the new changes to Groups

  .

    Tim McKee cell (860) 778-1304 or (860) 643-2282 Cliff Thornton for Governor- Campaign Manager-
    National Committee Member of the Green Party(Connecticut)

  Paid for by Thornton For Governor, Max Wentworth, Treasurer-   www.VoteThornton.com
  email: info at votethornton.com