{news} Free Kenny Party Packed With Supporters

clifford thornton efficacy at msn.com
Sun Jan 21 08:33:42 EST 2007

01/20/07
Free Kenny Party Packed With Supporters    more...<http://ctnewsjunkie.com/index.php/2007/01/20/free_kenny_party_packed_with_supporters>
by Christine Stuart
<http://ctnewsjunkie.com/index.php/2007/01/20/free_kenny_party_packed_with_supporters> 11:19:46 am, Categories: State Capitol<http://ctnewsjunkie.com/index.php?cat=37>, Courts<http://ctnewsjunkie.com/index.php?cat=39>, Media Matters<http://ctnewsjunkie.com/index.php?cat=46>, 147 words

An estimated 100 supporters packed La Palomba Sabanera Friday to help Ken Krayeske (pictured) raise money for his legal defense fund.

Krayeske is the reporter and political activist arrested while taking photos at Gov. M. Jodi Rell's inaugural parade and held for 13 hours by police until her ball that night was over.

He sported a "Free Kenny" black hooded sweatshirt and briefly addressed supporters. Visibly moved by the enoromous support of both friends and strangers, he thanked the crowd for defending his civil rights and supporting democracy.

Introduced to the crowd by Cliff Thornton, the Green Party candidate who ran against Rell this fall, Krayeske said his life was changed forever when he was hired to work on Thornton's campaign. Before getting too emotional he moved on to thank others involved in helping organize the fundraiser, like his sister Holly and the owner of La Palomba Luis Cotto.

<http://ctnewsjunkie.com/index.php/2007/01/20/free_kenny_party_packed_with_supporters> 1 comment<http://ctnewsjunkie.com/index.php/2007/01/20/free_kenny_party_packed_with_supporters#comments> . Trackbacks (4)<http://ctnewsjunkie.com/index.php/2007/01/20/free_kenny_party_packed_with_supporters#trackbacks>
Trackback address for this post:
http://ctnewsjunkie.com/htsrv/trackback.php/881
Comments, Trackbacks, Pingbacks:
Comment from: Steven G. Erickson [Visitor]
Ken could have easily been just another victim of Corruptikut thrown in a prison and labeled crazy. How much time is he facing? Hopefully this story will have a good ending as there are too many that do not turn out well.

I am concerned whenever I dip below America's border into Connecticut. I would have liked to go to Ken's party but couldn't get a ride in.

After I was barbecued for what I wrote in Connecticut newspapers regarding Connecticut State Police, I am afraid of seeing the blue lights behind me and never seeing anything else again. Ending up in prison is all too easy in Connecticut. It is hell.

Before it was known there was a Connecticut State Police "Enemies List" people just got followed around, falsely arrested, and then imprisoned.

I hope Ken breaks the abuse cycle.
<http://ctnewsjunkie.com/index.php/2007/01/20/free_kenny_party_packed_with_supporters#c74689> 01/20/07 @ 14:08

Efficacy
PO Box 1234
860 657 8438
Hartford, CT 06143
efficacy at msn.com<mailto:efficacy at msn.com>
www.Efficacy-online.org<http://www.efficacy-online.org/>

Working to end race and class drug war injustice, Efficacy is a non profit
501 (c) 3 organization founded in 1997. Your gifts and donations are tax
deductible