{news} Cliff's nomination to GPUS endorsed

Charlie Pillsbury chapillsbury at igc.org
Sat Oct 20 15:01:23 EDT 2007

FYI

----- Original Message -----

From: Diane F White <mailto:diane at dlighten.com>

To: GPBC <mailto:gpbc at googlegroups.com>  ; gpusdiversity at yahoogroups.com ;
natlcomvotes <mailto:natlcomvotes at green.gpus.org>  ;
d-racism at lists.riseup.net ; Green Party of PA Discussion
<mailto:gppa-discussion at gpofpa.org>  ; InAktivate Racism
<mailto:inaktivateracismproject-pa at lists.riseup.net>  Project-PA

Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2007 1:49 PM

Subject: [GPBC] A Call to Action:

Greetings,

Finally we have an opportunity to take action to truly advance the call for
diversity and social justice in the Green Party of the United States.
Clifford Thornton has successfully overcome all obstacles and challenges to
his nomination for the vacant position on the Steering Committee. Not only
is Clifford the voice of reason and the epitome of the knowledge, skills and
abilities needed to move this party forward, he is a true diplomat and a
true Green.  He is a active and respected member of the Green Party Black
Caucus and the Co-Chair of the Green Party of Connecticut.  He has
demonstrated his ability to transcend the color line and he is ready willing
and able to confront the issues of inequality as they relate to this party
and society as a whole.  We need someone like Cliff to navigate the rough
political waters and to lead us on the path to healing.

There is one vacant position and there is only one choice for diversity,
that choice is Clifford Thornton.  Nothing changes if nothing changes.  It's
time to make a change. "Talk is cheap, actions speak louder than words",
Vote.  Clearly Clifford Thornton is the #1 choice.

The National Committee will have a two week discussion period before the
voting begins at 11:59 pm on November 5th.  For those of us and our allies,
who have been marginalized and excluded for years the time has finally come.
Join me as I cast my vote for Clifford Thornton on November 6, one minute
after the voting begins and 6 hours before I go to the polls as Judge of
Elections in Harrisburg, PA.  For those who are not members of the National
Committee, encourage your delegates to do the same before they go out to
work the polls and vote for our Green Party candidates.

Peace, Blessings & One Love,

Diane F White,

GPPA

1st Choice for GPUS Steering Committee

MORE VOICES, MORE CHOICES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSpEvMN52SY

Clifford Thornton of the Green Party of Connecticut has accepted the
nomination for the Green Party Steering Committee vacancy.  Clifford is a
former Green Party candidate for Governor of Connecticut and an active
member of the Green Party Black Caucus.

Clifford is the founder of Efficacy, a non-profit organization that has been
concentrating efforts on drug policy reform.

Prior to working full-time in drug policy, Mr. Thornton was a middle-level
manager with Southern New England Telephone Company in Connecticut. He was
in charge of the delivery of all internal telecommunications to the
corporation, serving some 10,000 employees with a $50,000,000 annual budget,
supervising 23 people. He worked at SNET for 25 years. He was (and is) very
active in community projects as well. He served as Vice President of the
Greater Hartford Festival of Jazz for three years. This three-day event
attracted approximately 75,000 people every year with a mere $50,000 budget.
He also served as Parliamentarian of the Greater Hartford African American
Alliance and was president of Jazz Radio New England.