[Thali-talk] Thali daily status - 8/25/2015

Yaron Goland yarong at microsoft.com
Tue Aug 25 11:14:33 EDT 2015

Matt - He is finishing up the identity exchange work and should have a PR today.

Yaron - Spent all of yesterday reviewing Jukka's mega PRs. Today it's on to Toby's PR.

David - He found a bug where the keyboard on iOS devices (but, of course, not the emulator) seem to get detached from the place where they are supposed to be giving input. So he needs to run that down and then he can submit a PR.

Jukka - He is responding to my PR comments which he should clear out today and then he'll go back to working on the perf framework. The perf framework turns out to be particularly important because we have a race condition in our native tests where devices can stop broadcasting before other devices have a chance to talk to them. In order to fix this we need the coordinator server that Jukka is building for the perf tests and then we'll need to update the tests.

Oguz - He has put more devices for testing online and is now working on enabling us to run multiple simultaneous tests.

Toby - He tested Oguz's test system and found it worked great. He also found a race condition in the tests. He needs to create a video of the (hopefully new) postcard app running on iOS for our internal monthly review. And then he can go back to working on our eventual consistency framework to undergird our ACL, Notifications and Quota management systems.