[Thali-talk] Thali daily status - 7/9/2015

Yaron Goland yarong at microsoft.com
Thu Jul 9 16:05:30 EDT 2015

Matt - He spent yesterday fighting with the tests for the native layer as well as figuring out what unit test framework we can use that will run in pure Node.js so we can use it on the phone. Today he is going to continue on both items. His focus is on having the majority of the tests done by the end of this week so Jukka can test against them and fix any issues before he leaves on a three week vacation.

Srikanth - He spent yesterday trying to get the Windows build of JXCore with his new addition working and it didn't work out well. So for now he is going to work around this by thunking out the crypto calls he needs until Oguz gets the official release out with the crypto bits next week. This is all to enable story 0.0.

Jukka - He spent yesterday mostly refactoring and cleaning up his BLE code so it's easier to use. Tomorrow he will figure out if he can negotiate a larger MTU over BLE and how in general to handle messages that are larger than whatever MTU he gets.

Oguz - He officially kicked off the JXCore 0.4 work which will bring node 0.12 into JXCore. This will start with updating to the version of v8 being used by 0.12. He also finished the work on returning solid errors on the mobile interface so Node.js errors don't crash everything without data. He expects to get the sample app into the Apple app store next week.

Yaron - I spent a ridiculous amount of time setting up my new Android phones. Mostly because one of them is a Korean model. It took a little while to figure out how to configure it in English. It then ran into a bizarre problem where it will only support debugging to my Mac if plugged into the right USB port, not the left. This then led to me starting on the postcard app only to find out that its 200 megs! Which is insane. So I had to rebase the thing and get rid of all the spurious checkins so now it's 2 megs. Then I got into hand to hand combat with the postcard app only to find out that nothing was working because I misunderstood the instructions Matt had given me. So today I figured that out and will spend today figuring out how to get the app to behave itself so we can do a video.