[Thali-talk] Thali daily status - 7/14/2015

Yaron Goland yarong at microsoft.com
Tue Jul 14 14:38:16 EDT 2015

Matt - He submitted the PR with the testing layer in node.js to test our native layer. He is now working on the tests for the mux layer (that is pure node.js) as well as writing the "emulator" which simulates the native APIs on the desktop so we can develop in Node.js. He will work with Jukka today to make sure he understands the tests as well as try to get Srikanth and Sreejumon unstuck.

Srikanth - He got stuck trying to get Matt's story 0 code to work. Meanwhile he is actively working on update the UX for story 0.0. And hopefully Matt will have time today to get him unstuck.

Jukka - He did some power testing of BLE and now he is starting on taking Matt's code and seeing if his native code passes Matt's tests.

Oguz - Working on 0.4 (mainly getting a newer release of v8 working, he will also port the newer v8 release to 0.3 so folks using Node.js v0.10 can use the new ES6 feature in V8) and still finalizing the app they want to submit to the app store.

Yaron - Had an interesting call with someone from Jonathan Zittrain's universe about emergency connectivity with phones during disasters. Ran into an issue getting a developer ID from Apple that eventually required me to send them a copy of my driver's license, but thankfully it all worked out. Spent a bunch of time on an internal call on IoT related stuff. Then finally got a tiny bit of time to start code reviewing Matt's code. Today I will spend a bunch of time with David pair programming, hopefully finish code reviewing Matt's PR and then getting my iPhones working using my new developer ID.

Sreejumon - He studied the fixes that Matt made to his original postcard code. He has some issues with asynchronous callback handling that he now understands. He also got stuck trying to get Matt's story 0 code working. Hopefully he will get unstuck. At which point he will either work on the automation for story 0 or on the ACL layer for story 0.0.0.

David - Working on understanding the architecture and all the libraries needed to finish iOS story -1. The actual work is quite small, just setting up TCP/IP listeners/clients and cross streams with multi-peer connectivity. But there are a lot of moving parts that have to work before that code will get called. David is doing pair programming with me as well as creating a test project with all the TCP/IP level functionality using just Objective-C.