[Thali-talk] Thali daily status - 7/17/2015

Yaron Goland yarong at microsoft.com
Fri Jul 17 15:59:02 EDT 2015

Matt - He woke up at 4:00 am to work with Jukka on the new tests. He got most of them passing but we are finding a problem in that client availability events don't seem to be hitting. Our hope is that this is because of an easy race condition where we register the listener for the peer availability events after we call start broadcasting. But the truth is that Jukka hacked his code to just keep broadcasting availability information over and over (so we couldn't miss it) and that worked but then we ran into an issue with connectivity. The Postcard app is still running so we are hoping this is something to do with the test framework. But Jukka is now off on vacation and Matt is really tired. So he is going to take the rest of the day off and I will work with Matt on Monday to debug this.

Srikanth - He worked on the UX for story 0.0 yesterday and needed to take today off to deal with a personal matter.

Jukka - He spent all yesterday and today working on the test cases and now he is off on vacation!

Oguz - He is still working on the 0.4 release and fixing some last minute bugs that made him unhappy in the test app they want to submit to the Apple store.

Yaron - Yesterday did a bunch of pair programming with David that let us figure out how to set up TCP/IP clients and servers in iOS and start into Brian's code to figure out how to hook it all up. Also reviewed Jukka's PR and did some review on Matt's PR. Had a long call with a potential Thali customer. Today I will be doing another long pair programming with David, finish reviewing Matt's PR and see if I can replicate some of the issues we are seeing in Matt's tests.

Sreejumon - He spent yesterday figuring out which of the Cordova hooks he could successfully use and today he expects to write the install script.

David - He spent yesterday on the phone with me for a long time and today he continued on the phone with me. He now has enough to go off on his own for a while to implement the basic TCP/IP bridge.