[TheClimate.Vote] October 3, 2018 - Daily Global Warming News Digest

Richard Pauli richard at theclimate.vote
Wed Oct 3 11:17:59 EDT 2018

/October 3, 2018/

*BREAKING: U.S. Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals Vacates Nationwide
Permit 12 for Entire Mountain Valley Pipeline
<https://bluevirginia.us/2018/10/breaking-us-fourth-circuit-court-of-appeals-vacates-nationwide-permit-12-for-entire-mountain-valley-pipeline>*
By lowkell -  October 2, 2018
See below for the order issued a few minutes ago by the U.S. Court of
Appeals for the Fourth Circuit on the Mountain Valley Pipeline Clean
Water Act Nationwide Permit 12 ("NWP 12"), vacating "in its entirety,
the [Army] Corps' verification of the [Mountain Valley Pipeline's]
compliance with NWP 12." Wow.

    "Exercising jurisdiction pursuant to 15 U.S.C.s 717r(d)(1), we
    conclude, for reasons to be more fully explained in a forthcoming
    opinion, that the Corps lacked authority to substitute the "dry cut"
    requirement "in lieu of" West Virginia's 72-hour temporal
    restriction. Accordingly, we VACATE, in its entirety, the Corps'
    verification of the Pipeline's compliance with NWP 12. "

https://bluevirginia.us/2018/10/breaking-us-fourth-circuit-court-of-appeals-vacates-nationwide-permit-12-for-entire-mountain-valley-pipeline

[compounding CO2 complexity]
*High carbon dioxide levels cause plants to thicken their leaves, could
worsen climate change effects
<https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/10/181001101709.htm>*